Welcome to Week Four of “Yoga for…” here at Empowered Centre! This week we’re exploring yoga for low back pain. These days, lots of us have jobs where we are sitting or standing for extended periods of time which can put excessive pressure or strain on the lumbar area of the spine. To combat this, we’ve created a yoga flow that bends and twists the spine in all directions, helping to work out any kinks or compression in the lower back.
We’ve also got a recipe for you! This one isn’t going to cure your lower back pain (obviously) but it will help you to recover quicker after an intense workout and reduce all those muscle aches and pains.
Roll out your mat and try this flow with Darleen (be sure to do both sides!)
Here’s your post-workout recipe!
Stuffed Sweet Potato
1/2 sweet potato
1/4 cup chickpeas
1/4 black beans
1. Lightly coat half a sweet potato on olive oil and place in the oven at approx. 200*C. Roast until completely cooked through.
2. Place a drizzle of olive oil, chickpeas, black beans and zucchini (diced) in a pan and cook over medium heat.
3. Season contents of pan with paprika, cumin, turmeric, salt and pepper (to taste)
4. Using a spoon, make a hollow in the centre of the roasted sweet potato and fill with contents of pan.
5. Top with half a sliced avocado