Winter sickness seems to be particularly bad this year, right? Every second person seems to be sniffling, down with a cold or case of the flu. And we know there’s nothing that puts a damper on your exercise or yoga routine than getting sick. Luckily, studio owner and health-expert Jacqui has the perfect pick-me-up to not only help you recover from a cold or flu, but give your immune system a big boost so that you might just make it through the winter in tip top shape!
Here’s what you’ll need:
– 1 cup of lemon juice
– 2 handfuls of garlic (approx. 2 bulbs)
– 1 (large) palm-sized piece of ginger
– 1 cup of apple cider vinegar
– 3 cups of honey
– a juicer
– one large saucepan
1. Juice garlic and ginger
2. Pour all ingredients into the saucepan, and simmer on low heat until honey is dissolved
3. Store in a sealed jug or container in the fridge
4. For staving off sickness, take one tablespoon with half a glass of hot water. You can also drink it neat if you prefer
5. If you are sick, take three times daily
Why is this so good for you?
This tonic is a powerful antiviral, antimicrobial, antibacterial and antifungal. It is wonderful for people with vessel contractions/blockages, as it helps to cleanse the blood vessels and break down plaque. It helps to break down candida in the gastrointestinal system, and improve overall gut health. With colds and flus specifically, it supports strong immune function and the speedy cleansing of the virus from our bloodstream. It is also both soothing ad antibacterial for sore throats.