You’ve probably heard that in March/April Empowered Centre will be running a six-week transformation challenge. This means six weeks of smashing your fitness and health goals with the support of weekly trainer meetings, health and fitness information sessions and unlimited access to all the classes on our timetable. But here’s the question: will a six-week challenge actually work for you? We did our research, and here’s what you need to know:
- Six weeks is the perfect length of time to build a new habit. If your goal is to create a fitness routine that actually STICKS, then a six-week challenge is perfect for you. By the time you’ve made it through a month-and-a-half of regular exercise, healthy eating and whatever other goals you’ve set yourself, your body will be well on its way to making those actions automatic habits. Muscular memory has developed, and the neurons in your brain will be beginning to re-wire and fire in new ways, making it easier and easier for you to make it to class/eat healthy etc, without really thinking about it.
- Ever heard of the phrase, ‘start as you mean to go on?’ Well this is exactly what short-term fitness challenges are for! It’s common for people to decide they want to create a fitness routine for themselves without really having the knowledge or skills to create achievable goals, practical routines or healthy lifestyle habits to support their fitness ambitions (eating, water, sleep etc). This is where we come in! Having one-on-one support and guidance from fitness and wellness professionals is a sure-fire way to give yourself a solid start to whatever long-term ambitions you hope to achieve.
- Motivation motivation motivation. Let’s be honest, this is often the sticking point when it comes to making-or-breaking a fitness routine, and when it comes down to it, the best motivator is RESULTS. If people aren’t seeing results after a couple of months of exercising and eating well it can be disheartening. One of the main functions of a short-term fitness challenge is to ensure that by the end you see some results you can be proud of. This will help to spur you on for your next set of goals.
So, is a short-term fitness challenge the answer to all your fitness dreams? Definitely not. But if you’re looking for something to help you:
- build a solid foundation for achieving your goals
- Create an achievable fitness routine
- Speed up your progress and fast-track your results
- Boost your motivation and confidence
then a six-week fitness challenge is perfect for you.
Want to join ours? We’re currently taking expressions of interest, so send us a message and tell us about your fitness goals!